Welcome again to the weekly happy hour!! The drink of the day is a Cherry Pie cocktail inspired by China Glaze Chery Pie nail polish (ooooh, I just realized that I got a double C in that one!! wohoo!!)
This polish is.. juicy!! That's a one-word description. And for a grown-up description it is a coral-ish bright red with pink/red glass specks in it. Consistency of this is close to a jelly. It builds upon itself but it's not as smooth as a true jelly polish.
I used three coats for this mani and I could still see some VNL's... Not too crazy about that even though I really like the color. No problems with the formula although dry time was just a smidge longer than I'm used to.
Cherry Pie is part of China Glaze 2009 Summer Days collection and can be purchased at e-tailers including eNailSupply.
And now let's all virtually taste this delicious sounding cocktail!!!
Cherry Pie Cocktail
- 4 ounces of whipped cream flavored vodka (I personally love Pinnacle!!)
- 2.5 ounces of black cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons of freshly whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Mix ice, black cherry juice and whipped cream flavored vodka together in a chilled martini mixer.
- Shake mixer vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherry.
|so this one is on the rocks and no whipped cream but still looks delicious!!|
Yum!!! I'll have to fix that over the weekend, I love whipped cream and cherries, so that might just become my next favorite drink!!
What do you guys think of Cherry Pie? (the color, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on the drink too haha!)
Thank you all for joining me at today's happy hour!! Drive safely!! =))))
Check out the other awesome bloggers who are participating in the ABC challenge! It's not too late to join if you're interested!!